Welcome...

This blog serves as a behind-the-scenes peek into the life and journal of an interdisciplinary artist. Learn more at merliguerra.com or luminariumdance.org, and thank you for reading my thoughts on setting the visual and performing arts into motion.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The "Art" of Learning to Cook!

This entry, while not as artistically driven as my others, is an homage to Kaitlin McCarthy: an artist on the dance floor, and as anyone who's read her blog knows, an artist in the kitchen as well. So here's to passing on the sweet success of my most recent breakthrough as a chef...

Pesto & Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
(Keep in mind, I eyeballed everything based off of several recipes, so don't take these measurements too literally!)
Two Chicken Breasts
About 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons of Pesto
2 Ounces of Cream Cheese (Less or more depending on your love of pesto over cream cheese.)
Pepper to Taste
Bread Crumbs
Parmesan Cheese
One Egg

Setting the Recipe into Motion...
1. Make a butterfly cut in the chicken. I had no idea what that meant, so I just sliced up the back, then sliced horizontally inside to make a pouch in each piece.
2. Combine the pepper, cream cheese and pesto in a bowl.
3. Stuff each chicken breast, pressing the chicken together when finished.
4. Beat the egg, and prepare a plate of bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese mixed together.
5. Dip the chicken into the egg, holding it together, then lay it in
the crumbs/parmesan to make a crust before putting it in a baking dish.
6. Cook for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

I chose to serve it with Near East's 5-Minute Couscous (garlic and oil...very tasty), along with a light salad. I was shocked at how easy it was, and even more shocked at how delicious! As I gradually build confidence in the kitchen, I hope to pass on some little recipes I find easy and fun, so feel free to send some good ones my way to try too!

3 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious, Merli! I'm going to have to try making that sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you read it, and glad you'll try it! It was my favorite combination when it comes to cooking: Easy and Tasty. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is basic to have a straightforward logo plan with constrained hues, textual style and pictures so it ought to please according to clients when they see your profile. logo design service

    ReplyDelete